Thursday, June 13, 2019

Blog post: Bryson City

Well I got on a plane from Orlando Fla. and I met my Bro. in Ashville North Carolina.. Going through Orl. Airport I was kinda nervous, being when I flew last was prolly when I was 16-ish, and I'm 50 now.. I finally boarded, had a good flight, then after an hr. and a half later, touched down in Ashville.. It was smaller than Orl. I was able to find the baggage claim easier, then Rob picked me up!. After we loaded up the car, we got a bite to eat it was eve. time.. (it was a late flight like 4-5:30ish) We had a good meal, then it was back on the road, it was only a 40-45min. drive but after we stopped I guess it was like alittle over an hr. or maybe 2 after we got to our room at the Ridgetop Motel and Campground.. It was nice on top of a mountain, which gave me a good view in the morning and not too mention the rest of the day too !.. The next day, Rob took me down to the stores and gift shops, got me a few shirts, we had some lunch out, then he took me out to were our friend lives, he's been a friend of the Family for yrs. and yrs.We stayed there, talked some then it was back to the room, then Rob had to drive back to Fla. and take care of some stuff, he's do back today, roughly 2 and a half wks. I'm not complaining, our friend Pat took me around, I had to take another room for a few days, by the Tuckaseegee River, which I saw  a lot of birds flying around there, a lot of geese float on the currents and I seen a few kayakers floating down the river, haven't seen any bears though!.. (I'm look'n though) Now I'm back at the original place.. Had a lot of time to think being alone, and a big issue for me is getting around... Down there in Melbourne Fla. I call a taxi and they pick you up.......up here, nope!!.. Even down there if you had to go like 2 mi. they'd still come and get you.. I can access my uber app here on my laptop and get an uber down there and they'd pick you up, up here however, you could be looking for an uber for up to an hr. I guess before one becomes available.. (well atleast I get good cell phone reception up here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post: Football and Baseball Greats

 Just recently I was scrolling on Facebook, and I seen this post on 'Pete Rose', which made me want to 'google' and download...