Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Blog post: August 4

I went camping for a few days!. Left Sunday about 11-ish and stayed till...... well......just a few hrs. ago.. It was nice,much better than the last few times I stayed there!. For starters, there were people down where I kinda wanted to be, so the cab  driver took me to a place he thought I'd like so I said, "ok".. It was a nice spot, big parking area, boat ramp, but about 3 or 4 fire pits so I just set my tent up there, I didn't mind the people that came and stayed for half hr. fishing or just sat down there.. That first day there must've been maybe 15-20 people that came down, some just came down turned around and went back out.. One person came down stopped, got out and we talked for about 20 min. maybe half 'n' hr.. The first night didn't go to well, I mean the back really didn't hurt as much as it did on the previous trips.. (but when I did wake-up it was kinda sore) The ground was kinda hard, getting the tent stakes in, most were just left sticking half out!. I was so excited about going camping this time, that I forgot reading/listening material !. For lunch and supper I'd call a taxi and go to the drive-thru at McDonalds and get a burger (I was gonna make hot dogs and hamburgers but I figured, "Nah, I'll just have hamburgers"😋) The second night I was there was better than the first night, some people came in, had a kayak and some fishing poles, a woman and her 4 kids (about 5 I guess) made a fire in the pit by the ramp then about 7 I seen'm putting up a tent, I thought, Hey, I got neighbors"!. The mosquitos were nill (do to the coolish nights) the raccoons were a different story!. That first night anyway, saw 3 pretty good size ones!. Second night saw a few deer crossing the road, so all in all I had a pretty good camp out!. (and I actually stayed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post: Football and Baseball Greats

 Just recently I was scrolling on Facebook, and I seen this post on 'Pete Rose', which made me want to 'google' and download...