Thursday, February 1, 2018

blog post A walk down memory lane..

I think it was 1978 when I first went to see my Aunt Marion and Uncle Leo!. I was 9, we had a van my Dad drove us all up there to Kansas from Florida, my Mom, and my dog!.. That's the first time I saw snow too !!. My Aunt and Uncle lived on a farm.. They had chickens, roosters, cows, red irish setter, (your basic farm animals) I think it was one evening, or it could have been the following morning, that they let me go get eggs for breakfast, I just had a hard time moving the chickens to get the eggs, I think it was my Mom or Aunt or someone came over and showed me!!..One night someone came into my Cousins room and woke me up around 2 (I was stayin in my Cousin Jody's room) I think it was my Dad.. He brought me in the kitchen and showed me my first snowfall, first thing I did when I woke up later that morning was go out and  build me a snowman!!..(quick intermission while I deal with some tears) Over the late 70's early 80's , we all went up, I think mostly so my Dad could find the best route!. First, we went up through Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, I believe that was the scariest route,(literally roads on sides of mountains) you look out the window and you looking down the side of the mountain!!. (some were even 2 lane highways) We finally settled on a very flat, safe route, traveling through  Tallahassee, along the Gulf Coast, then heading north.. Once I think I went up on the plane myself!. Normally when we went up, it would take us 3 days, start out early around 8 the first day, stop around 3:30 or 4, do the same thing the next day then on the third day, we'd get in about 5 maybe even 7!. Then, in the middle 80's , they moved about a mile away(yes a mile) fine by me... This new house was aliitle more cozier, easier too sleep at night, didn't have too worry bout those peacocks!!. Oh, didn't I mention they  had peacocks at the other house, there were 2 , one was on that chimney allllll night!!..(just yelling away) Anyway, this new house was about the same  size, their Son Roger got the other house, we didn't live in Fl. anymore we moved to Missouri, so instead of 3 days it would be more like 4 hrs!!. Ever since day one, I've just liked it better out there than here, whether it was Ks. Mo or even Okla.. Yes, my Bro. even lived in Oklahoma, and I stayed with him there!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post: Football and Baseball Greats

 Just recently I was scrolling on Facebook, and I seen this post on 'Pete Rose', which made me want to 'google' and download...